Tuesday 23 September 2014

Ubuntu on VirtualBox

I began to realise the need to eventually get a computer with Linux/Mac OS since many of the softwares developed for genomic analyses are Linux-based softwares. Though I might be an ardent supporter of Android phones and Windows 8 computers, for the sake of work, I probably am going to request for money to buy a computer with Linux or Mac environment.

Right now I'm in the midst of the troubling question if where I am currently is matching to my real interests. I felt ashamed, fearful and disappointed that I am where I am right now, and it didn't help when everything I proposed didn't work and I don't seem to be very enthusiastic about this. I know it is a sign I am not suitable to be in this area of research, as much as I wish to feel belonged here.

Back to what I've learned for the past nine months... More aware of computer language for sure. I might not speak any particular language yet. I am at beginner's level in Spanish and Japanese if I were to compare to "speaking" Python 3 and R.

Right now I'm installing Ubuntu on Virtual Box with the help of wikiHow's instruction. Very precise and convenient indeed. Now I can try to install some of the softwares which I desire to use. Let's see if it works.

My Windows desktop with Ubuntu running on VirtualBox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive suggestions help to keep me going. Thanks! :)