Friday 28 August 2015

Electron Microscopy

Just some brief updates of my latest muse - electron microscopy and immunogold labelling (of which I started last Thursday). Perhaps the antibody I probed was abundantly available, so it's pretty awesome to see that the results was as expected for the wild type. As much as I was disappointed that none of the mutants I'm currently looking at has different phenotype when compared to wild type, the data is definitely useful to form future questions for my work. Exciting times ahead!

IgL of my protein of interest - yay!

TEM image of my Chlamybaby - pweeety!!

Here's the paper which I mentioned about the techniques used for IgL. Jeremy is an excellent adviser to me when it comes to imaging techniques. I do my own fixing and cell embedding, so it's always great to have Jeremy around in CAIC whenever I go over. Thanks a lot, Jeremy! :)


Hope you guys find this post helpful :) Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive suggestions help to keep me going. Thanks! :)