Wednesday 12 August 2015

Quantitative Western Blotting


I've been recently introduced to infrared fluorescence Western blotting and the video embedded is helpful to understand the differences between IR fluorescence Western blotting and the conventional chemiluminescence method. I'd have to work more on this method before I can be conclusive on its potential and usage but so far, it seems amazing and more cost-, labour- and time-effective. I discovered more from the video of its other functions which I would like to explore further, if given the opportunity to do so.
Two of my samples from the LICOR Odyssey system for the infrared fluorescence Western blot I did this afternoon. 
Does anyone know why there's a red band below the green band when I only use one IRdye?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive suggestions help to keep me going. Thanks! :)