Monday 23 September 2013

Peer Pressure

Two things I dislike

One is hypocrisy

Two is peer pressure

Go ahead and do what you want

As long as you don't come and tell me

I gotta be who you want everyone to be

I'm not some kid

Needing a group so much that I'd die.

I'm fine being aloof and detached,

And oblivious to weird statements,

Such as a famous "there's a lot of us this year".

I was initially excited knowing there's a healthy bunch

Now I think I might be dealing with peer pressure,

The infamous, and rather deadly,

If you say no, you're not one of us.

If you don't join this and that,

You're out.

Excuse me,

If you force me to drink like a fish

Or to only be with a certain group,

I'll make sure I'm not part of your exclusive group.

I don't need this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive suggestions help to keep me going. Thanks! :)