Friday 9 May 2014

Precious Bytes

I'm currently residing in Fitzwilliam College accommodation. Guess what? Our internet rate is £0.33/GB. For a moment, I forgot I was in the room, and I had to pause my download as it was a 716-MB file! Yes, I suddenly remember that I would have to pay that 33p if I were to download it. I think I better work in the office this weekend so that I could use free internet in the university. Today, I'm skipping the office and continue the momentum of working at home on the paper I'm looking at reproducing the results. I wonder if a week is sufficient for me to reproduce something which experts had spent months on. Feel like crying but I guess I'll have to bite my lips and continue with work!

I found this diagram on the website. It is an estimation of all the precious bytes we spend online by all the clicks we do on the browsers. No idea how accurate it is but I guess we should be concerned on how much we spend. I only started this obsession of counting how many bytes when I am charged per GB of my internet usage!

Source: http://techessentials.rogers.com/Libraries/Site_Images/data_calc.sflb.ashx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive suggestions help to keep me going. Thanks! :)